Backlash-free safety coupling with maximum precision
SecMatic Plus Type 588 is a face gear overload clutch that has been specially designed for the increasing safety requirements for modern machines and systems. A disk spring serves as the central element.
- Guaranteed switch off of the system in the event of an overload
- Extremely high precision of the switching operation for static and dynamic loads
- Easy integration thanks to compact design
- Backlash-free torque transmission
- Safety thanks to closed design
The ring gear, which is axially mobile on the hollow shaft, is pressed against the switching ring by the disk spring. The switching ring transmits the torque in a form-fit manner via the crown toothing designed with a fixed point and only engages in one precise position. Via the adjusting nut, the initial stress of the disk spring and hence the overload torque can be adjusted steplessly. In the event of an overload, the crown toothing is pushed apart axially until the toothing skips. The ring gear and switching ring glide over each other until the coupling re-engages after one full revolution.
- Overload protection up to 2,000 Nm
Application area / utilisation
- Packaging machines
- Conveying and automation technology
- Geared motors
- High-quality pumps