Locking element for extremely high loads and particularly easy handling
ETP-HYLOC® is a hydromechnical locking bush for a friction-fit shaft/hub connection. Thanks to its robust design, the bush is ideal for use in harsh environments and extreme operating conditions (e.g. in roller mills, straightening machines, huskers, test bench construction, the finishing industry etc.). One interesting application includes the fastening of drums and rollers on shafts. ETP-HYLOC® is quick to install, has a good concentricity, and is able to withstand high radial loads. Installation/disassembly takes place very rapidly and easily with the use of a hydraulic pump. The hydraulic pump is available as a manual pump or a motorised pump.
- High transmissible torque and/or transmissible radial forces
- Rapid installation/disassembly even in tight installation spaces
- High radial power transmission.
- Radial and axial mounting connection possible
- Fine adjustment of the hub can be performed during installation
- Good concentricity (≤ 0.02 mm), even after being installed multiple times
- Coating with ETP-HFC - double torque
- Standard versions for torque range from 800 to 338,000 Nm
- Standard versions for shaft diameters from 50 mm to 220 mm
ETP-HYLOC® is based on the hydromechanical principle. The connection element consists of a double-walled steel sleeve with an integrated, movable conical piston. In the flange, there are 3 threaded connections ("ON", "P" and "OFF") for a radial and an axial connection respectively. For installation/disassembly, a radial or axial connection for the hydraulic pump can be chosen. The flange has two connections: One connection with check valve for installation and a connection with a screw for dismounting. The connections come in radial and/or axial versions. The internal diameter can be protected against contamination with helical slots.
When the piston is moved using the hydraulic pump, the double-walled sleeve expands evenly against the shaft and hub, thereby creating a fixed connection. During disassembly, the piston is moved in the opposite direction and the connection is released. The pressing of oil into the helical slots of the piston (pressure via connection "P"), allows it to be moved more easily. Standard installation pressure is 1,000 bar
Primarily for drives with high loads and/or for harsh ambient conditions:
- In roller mills for e.g. installation of transport rollers / conveying rollers
- Straightening machines
- Huskers and shearing machines
- Test bench construction / performance test benches
- Finishing industry
- Clamping of turbine wheels